Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spreading the Word

In order to get our "Still Searching" blog into the hands [well, monitors] of more who might be interested in or connected to our family.... I sent a post out to past Griffin correspondents. A couple of very distant cousins have responded and others "bounced". I look forward to hearing from more who want to dig into the history.

Another method of contact, using the message feature on Ancestry.com, has come up with interesting results. I find that many who post a tree including names of our ancestors are really not "connected" to our family. Some have answered, "This is not a direct line in our family, but I am 'collecting' everyone named _____ ." If I were in that situation, I think I would "collect" them in my own Family Tree Maker or other genealogical database, not post them as part of my tree. But each has his/her own style. This is a hobby that can be a never-ending mystery. Enjoy the search!

No comments:

Post a Comment